Having a user-focused website is crucial for any business. This is how you can engage and attract leads and customers to stay longer on your site. But what makes a website user-focused? Is it enough that your website is easy to navigate?
A professional web designer can help you create an audience-focused website. You can follow this site if you want to know what an experienced web designer can do for your business. Essentially, these professionals can help you kickstart your brand and attract visitors to stay on your site and get to know your business better.
So, if you want to create an appealing website for your business, make sure it will have the following elements:
1. Engaging and Informative Content
A user-focused website should be engaging and informative because you want people to stay longer on your site. This way, you can have a higher chance of converting them into paying customers.
Here are some tips to make your website more engaging and informative:
- Match The Headline With The Body: Online users search for answers to their queries and are usually captivated by headlines. Now, it’s your responsibility to ensure that your headlines fulfill the promised content of your articles and provide relevant information to the readers. For instance, if your headline promises to help people make money online, then you have to provide concrete information through an engaging step-by-step guide.
- Use Engaging Videos: If you want to take your small business off the ground, then you need to make use of a variety of content. Instead of just plain text, include engaging videos to save your visitors’ time. You can create videos by repurposing your text-based content into slide presentation videos. This makes it very convenient for customers who prefer listening to audio content, rather than reading articles.
- Provide Helpful Links: You can link a text or phrase to other websites that can back up your claims such as clinical trials, statistical data, and studies. By doing so, you can increase the authority and relevance of your content.
2. Ease Of Navigation
A vital element of a user-focused website is the ease of navigation. You want your visitors to be able to orient themselves right away to your website by having easy-to-access navigation tools such as scroll bars and a site map that serves as your website’s online directory.
Here are some tips from Conversionrate.store to improve your website’s ease of navigation:
- Split Testing: You can carry out a split or A/B testing of your scroll bars such as trying out various scroll bar positions, wording, and tab arrangements. This step can help you determine the best type of bar suited for your website and what your online visitors prefer.
- Include Strong Calls To Action: Having strong calls to action or CTAs can direct your audience to take action, whether that means registering to a newsletter or buying items in your store. You want your prospects to find the CTA button from the minute they land on your page, so make sure these things stand out on your site.
- Create Easily Scannable Content: Because online users rarely read every word on websites, you need to make your content easily scannable. This way, your visitors can easily see important words that are more relevant to solve their problems. Increase the line spacing and font size, use bulleted lists, and break up your content for easy reading.
3. Fast Speed
Save people’s time and you’ll be greatly rewarded because site speed optimization matters in a user-focused website. People want to find products, services, and other valuable data fast and easily. If you have an online business, you want your customers to add more items in their shopping cart seamlessly for their convenience—and also as a way for you to boost sales.
Page speed greatly matters for both search engine rankings and user experience. Speeding up your website will minimize your bounce rate (percentage of people leaving your website) and entice people to keep coming back.
You can make your website load faster by:
- Consider Cloud Hosting: Check your web server and upgrade from shared hosting to cloud hosting to increase your website’s speed. You probably started your business using shared hosting, but you need a more spacious and reliable web server as your business scales up. With cloud hosting, you can enjoy unlimited application resources and utmost server control more than traditional shared hosting.
- Use Browser Cache: Website browser caching stores larger static files to avoid overloading whenever users visit your website, which is suitable for scripts, images, and static files. With browse caching, the browser doesn’t have to request files every time, improving site speed—especially when the visitor comes back to your site.
- Eliminate Unnecessary Plugins: If you have more plugins on your website, it will take longer to load, which slows down your website’s performance drastically. So, it’s only practical to remove plugins you don’t use anymore and update essential ones to improve your loading speed.
4. Optimized For Search Engines
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) might sound too technical. But this method is easy to understand. All it means is that you just need to make your content optimized for search engines. This is done by providing relevant content to the keywords or queries done by search engine users.
Search engines highly regard websites that provide relevant content to online users. If your website ranks high in search engines, it means that search engines find your website user-focused. If you don’t want your target audience to miss what you have to offer, then you should implement good SEO strategies.
To implement a successful SEO strategy for your site, you need to remember the following basics:
- Keyword Research: This requires you to know the keywords used by your competitors, and determining which keywords are most likely going to be used by your target customers when they search for something online. Once you know what these keywords are, you must use them strategically in your content. This includes your content on social media, websites, and blogs.
- Link Building Strategies: To achieve better rankings, using the right keywords is not enough. You must also build quality backlinks for your site. This means that other websites must ‘see’ you as trustworthy enough that they are linking some of their pages from you.
- Keep Up With Google Updates: Google has several guidelines that SEO strategists must abide by to avoid getting penalized or removed from search results. These guidelines are usually changing, but as long as you provide quality and original content, these changes are not something you should constantly worry about.
The catch is that creating SEO-optimized content can be challenging if you don’t have a background in digital marketing. So, you need to keep yourself abreast of the basic concepts of SEO and hire a digital marketing expert to do the rest if you want to focus more on your business.
It’s important to make your website engaging, informative, fast, and user-friendly. By doing so, you’ll establish a good online presence and attain your business goals. A user-focused website prioritizes the ease of use and experience of its online visitors. This is a website that is responsive, easy to navigate and has relevant or engaging content.