Bill Hagerty is a big political name. He’s someone who proves if someone in politics comes with the right attitude he can change a lot. Politics doesn’t have to be a dreaded place after all!
Bill is an American Senator who has contributed a lot to Tennessee. Keep scrolling to know the story behind him.
About Bill Hagerty
Bill Hagerty is an American politician and a businessman. He hails from the Republican party. Representing Tennessee, he currently serves as a U.S. Senator. His term started in January 2021 and will last till 2027.
As a politician, Bill mainly keeps improving the economic aspects. With his conservative values, he has increased job opportunities. In April 2020, Former American President Trump placed him in a committee that had been working to reinforce the economy which had collapsed owing to COVID-19. With his vision, Bill has been making it better for communities to live in.
Early Life & Family
Bill Hagerty was born on August 14, 1959, in Gallatin, Tennessee, U.S. His father worked as a road builder and his mother as a teacher. Bill, as a young boy, used to take care of their farm, raising pigs and cattle.
In 1977, he graduated from Madisonville North Hopkins High School, Kentucky. He later received a Bachelor of Arts in 1981 from Vanderbilt University. In 1984, he received another degree from Vanderbilt Law School. Having a strong academic record, he founded Hagerty Peterson & Company in 1997. He also served as its Managing Director until he left the position for his political career in 2017.
In 2001, he tied the wedding knot with Chrissy Hagerty. They have four children and the family currently resides in Davidson County, Tennessee.
Bill Hagerty’s Career and Major Milestones
During his successful business and political career, Bill made a mark by holding various key positions.
- In 1984, his business career took off through Boston Consulting Group. He served as an International Management Consultant and worked in Tokyo for three years.
- From 2011- 2014 he left his business on becoming a member of the Governor’s Cabinet and commissioner of the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community
- Development. His term saw a drastic improvement in unemployment rates.
- He elevated the development and Tennessee became State of the Year for Economic
- Development two times in a row (2013 and 2014).
- Tennessee was also ranked first in direct investment for the years 2014 and 2015.
- Under Trump’s administration, he was designated as the “thought leader” for the Great
- American Economic Industry Groups in 2020.
Few Things You Didn’t Know About Bill Hagerty
Some more interesting details about him you can read below!
- Bill’s actual name is William Francis Hagerty IV.
- He took the place of Lamar Alexander as a Senator and took charge nearly three weeks before Joe Biden was officially established as the President.
- From 2017 to 2019 he handled charge as the 30th US Ambassador to Japan.
- He was also appointed as a member of Donald Trump’s presidential transition team which comprised around 100 members.
As of 2021, Bill’s net worth is around $6 million. The major source of his income is the salary he receives for holding the position of a Senator.