Sugar daddies are people who have already achieved financial success, got recognized by other specialists and businessmen in their niche, and, in most cases, had a lot of relationships with women. Most of them also have a thing for relationships, preferring to enjoy all the best things like romance, intimacy, and companionship without the common troublesome issues related to jealousy, control, and the like.
They can afford to invest in a relationship and do so when they realize that traditional romantic relationships are not working as well for them as they used to. This is an image of a typical sugar daddy, but there are a lot of other things to know about men who would rather support women financially than try to have hundreds of bad dates on Tinder.
What is a sugar daddy?
In general, a relationship with a sugar daddy is quite similar to a business relationship: there are certain terms and conditions, as well as financial agreements. However, it is not just about business, but also about romance, care, companionship, and intimacy.
Let’s take a closer look at the roles in a sugar relationship.
A sugar baby is a lady looking for an allowance and gifts from a man to help her get things she previously couldn’t afford in exchange for companionship, dates, vacations, pampering, and intimacy.
Sugar daddy, for his part, is a man (usually older and always much richer than a sugar baby) who is looking for a woman who meets his tastes and criteria and wants to invest in a relationship with her, as long as she is equally interested. in this relationship.
Here are some essentials about sugar daddies that can help you understand who they really are and how to distinguish them from men looking for other relationships:
- Many Sugar Daddies are Senior Managers. Business owners, high-end developers, etc. They usually don’t have enough time to build a typical romantic relationship by choosing from hundreds of candidates, only a few of whom may meet their criteria.
- A Sugar Daddy Can Pay an Allowance or Give Gifts. Pay for vacations in Europe or Asia, or do both: he decides what type of sponsorship suits him best. There are sugar daddies who pay the average date price ($200-300 per date, not necessarily with sex), pick up the tab and buy some fancy gifts. Others prefer to pay a monthly allowance. Some men prefer to only date “high-end” sugar babies and don’t mind paying $500-$600 per date. It always depends on a dad.
- Discreet Dating is Pretty Common. There are plenty of married men out there looking for a sugar relationship, and the vast majority of seasoned babes know how to keep secrets.
- There are “Monogamous” Daddies. As well as those who prefer to go out with several babies at the same time. Both scenarios are perfectly normal; again, it usually depends on the decision of the DS.
So, these are the common things of dads. But what about the differences between them?
Types of Sugar Daddies and What They Expect From the Relationship With Sugar
There are some common types of sugar daddy who expect different things from sugar babies and their relationships:
- Daddies Looking for Company and Nothing But the Company. Surprisingly, there are sugar daddies who are not that interested in intimacy. Romantic dates, gifts, attention, care and long conversations are their top priorities. It would be wrong to say that most dads seek out platonic relationships with attractive young ladies and gentlemen, but they do exist.
- Typical sugar daddy . They are looking for the same things as the sugar daddies we have described above, however, they also want real intimacy in a relationship. They usually don’t rush things or put pressure on the ladies; they simply believe that this is going to happen when they are both ready and want it.
- Mentors. They are also experienced and successful sugar daddies who not only date their babies but also give them the opportunity to learn from them. They share their experiences, helpful tips, help babies achieve personal and professional success. In other words, they’re like the Henry Higgins of Bernard Shaw’s play, and they really hang out with their Elizas.
- Online Sugar Daddy. There are men who love to have long conversations with ladies online, get their attention and support, with or without weird encounters in real life. Most of them are married men looking for new experiences online.
- Gay Sugar Daddy Who Can Have Heterosexual Relationships. There are men who are looking for male sugar babies and they don’t want anyone to know for a reason. In most cases, they are the “typical” dads who seek both companionship and intimacy, but often demand a higher level of secrecy.
Also read how to find a sugar daddy on Twitter.
Keep in mind that there are also two types of men who are into sugar dating, but neither of them can be considered sugar daddy. They are:
- Splenda Daddy. Who is the daddy Splenda? Splenda is a substitute for Sugar, so a Splenda daddy is a substitute for a Sugar daddy. The fact is that there are men who do not earn a lot of money but like relationships with sugar. They are also looking for sugar babies, but they cannot afford to pay as much or give gifts as expensive as sugar daddies: they have average salaries and can spend a part of their earnings on sugar babies, but it is not a luxurious lifestyle.
- Salt Daddy. They are men who have no money and are not going to pay or give any gift to a sugar baby. Her main goal is to cheat on a lady and have sex with her, giving her nothing but empty promises.
Women can date Splenda daddies but it is highly recommended to avoid Salt daddies at all costs to save time and sometimes even money.
Sugar Daddy Risks and Dangers a Sugar Daddy Should Remember
Perhaps, skeptics might say that sugaring is a very negative trend because it has a negative impact on the personality of sugar dates. In fact, there are some pitfalls and risks – as in any other sphere of life – but knowledge is power, and if you know the dangers of possible problems, you can avoid them effortlessly. So, let’s take a look at some bad scenarios so you don’t learn from the mistakes you’ve already made.
- Feeling of Being Used. This annoys some men, especially if they aren’t dating an empathic sugar baby or at least an experienced lady who knows how to ask for a gift without making the man feel used. Most sugar daddies face this problem: the more time they spend on sugar daddy websites, the better they understand that it is about finding a sugar baby that respects them, that they also like and that wants to build a healthy sugar relationship in life. that camaraderie and mutual respect are essential.
- Mistaking Sugar Babies for Sex Workers . Some sugar daddies expect women to have sex with them on the first date, and this is the exception rather than the rule. Again, it’s not just about intimacy for babies and dads. Making sex your only priority in relationships with sugar is a bad idea.
- Don’t Take No For an Answer. It is important to understand that Sugar Babies also have the right to choose. Men look for women, women look for men, they may fit each other or not; that’s normal, and it would be a mistake to let this bother you.
- See Women as Things of Fantasy. Yes, they date men for an allowance or for gifts, but most sugar babies are still looking for an educated, wise, experienced, personable, and friendly sugar daddy. Acting like a customer in the store would inevitably lead to numerous disappointments.
- Falling in Love with the Wrong Sugar Baby. Just like in a traditional romantic relationship, it’s important to think critically about how someone really treats you. If a man falls in love (yes, that happens sometimes), she shouldn’t desperately shower the girl with gifts and do everything she can to make her stay with him. She will stay in the relationship anyway if she likes you too. Self-respect, patience and the ability to see things as they are, in this case, are the key.
All of these problems can be avoided if a sugar daddy realizes what sugaring really is and knows exactly that it will work for him. It’s still more about dating than money, and only if both partners respect each other and respect each other’s expectations will this work for both of them.